CCPIA Membership Requirements
- Join CCPIA as a member.
- Complete the Commercial Inspection Standards of Practice Course (online and included with membership).
- Complete the Commercial Inspection Code of Ethics Course (online and included with membership).
These courses follow the International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties – the industry-accepted commercial inspection guidelines, and a proven process and system. You will learn everything you need to know to start and operate a commercial inspection business or start a commercial inspection division within your existing company.
You must complete the Standards of Practice Course and Code of Ethics Course with a score of 80% or higher to become certified. After successful completion, you can instantly access the CCPIA-Certified Commercial Property Inspector logo and Certificate of Membership at your Account Dashboard. Use the CCPIA logo and Certificate of Membership in your marketing material, website, inspection proposals, and inspection reports. It assures clients you’re trained and qualified.
As a CCPIA-Certified Commercial Property Inspector, you will also be eligible for a listing in CCPIA’s directory and Verify Tool, which consumers and CRE professionals use, in addition to an ID Card. You must maintain continuous membership in CCPIA. Certification is terminated and expires upon membership cancellation.
Once You Are Certified
Becoming CCPIA-Certified sets the foundation for your success. As you move forward in your career, we encourage you to embrace the CCPIA-advantage by exploring the following opportunities:
- Complete Additional Courses: Access exclusive supplementary courses on fee scheduling, proposal creation, report writing, and effective marketing strategies, all included with your membership.
- Enhance Technical Knowledge: Explore specialized technical courses covering various building systems and components, elevating your expertise in building inspections.
- Attend In-Person Training: Join year-round in-person classes across the US for hands-on experience, learning from highly experienced instructors, and networking with fellow inspectors.