This three-day, in-person class will help individuals confidently enter the commercial sector of the inspection industry. Students will learn about the most significant differences between commercial and residential inspections, ranging from business operations to building systems and components.
The class will help students become familiar with commercial systems, including the roofing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and structure, and reviews how different components within each system function and perform. The student will learn how to identify elements for reporting purposes, and work effectively with specialty consultants in the field.
Instructors will also give insider tips for getting business, bidding jobs, and writing reports. The class is a series of lectures and class discussions. Students will also use training displays to learn about components.
CCPIA recommends that students complete the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics Courses before attending. This class ties directly into the team approach for running a commercial property inspection business.
Upon successful completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Implement business strategies to better compete in the commercial inspection industry, improve your safety, and reduce your liability.
- Describe how the most common commercial building systems function and perform.
- Take inventory of building systems and components and determine if a specialty consultant is needed for a more in-depth assessment.
- Effectively work with specialty consults and communicate your findings with your clients.
Class Date: March 9-11, 2022 (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day)
Venue: InterNACHI® Headquarters (Boulder, CO 80301 United States)
CCPIA members: $1,200.00
Non-members: $1,475.00 (Available December 1, 2021)
Depending on local mandates, students may be required to wear a mask during the class. The class size is limited to 20 students, so reserve your spot now!
Hotel Deals & Additional Information
Rob Claus, CMI® – Commercial Inspection Report Writing, Inspection Pricing and Fees, Commercial Plumbing, and Commercial HVAC
Ray Kline, CMI® – Commercial Electrical
Ron Huffman, CMI®, P.E., M.B.A – Commercial Structure
- Preferred note-taking materials
- Laptops permitted
- Course material handouts provided
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided