This free, one-evening class will teach home inspectors how to start and operate a commercial property inspection company. It’s also appropriate for home inspectors wishing to add commercial inspections to their services. This is a business management class, not a commercial inspection technical class You’ll learn how to run the company like a general contractor who subs out the electrical or plumbing work to others. And, yes, you’ll find out everything you need to know to get started. The class is based on the International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties (ComSOP), the gold standard in the inspection industry. Dinner is on the Certified Commercial Property Inspectors Association (CCPIA), and each attendee will go home with a free copy of the ComSOP.
During class breaks, students can:
- Take a guided tour through InterNACHI’s House of Horrors, a house with a thousand defects built inside The InterNACHI School.
- Test-drive $20,000 worth of inspection tools, including FLIR® infrared cameras, moisture meters, and the Spectoscope, all courtesy of Inspector Outlet.
- Get free marketing help from InterNACHI’s Member Marketing Department.
- Visit the Inspection Museum.
- Do some 360-degree virtual inspection training.
- Explore the Inspector Library and bookstore.
- Visit the Master Inspector Certification Board to find out how to qualify to become a Certified Master Inspector®, the inspection industry’s highest designation.
4635 Nautilus Court South
Boulder, CO 80301