The commercial property inspection industry can be intimidating to enter. This two-day, in-person training will help inspectors adopt the mindset to effectively offer commercial property inspections and navigate the commercial real estate environment. Students will learn inspection procedures and business practices needed to help them succeed. This class is ideal for home inspectors interested in adding commercial property inspections to their existing services. We’ll review the key differences between the commercial and residential services, including types of properties, procedures, and clients.
Students will walk away with practical knowledge to use in the field, such as:
- determining the remaining service life and providing opinions of cost projections;
- specific procedures to deal with the major different types of commercial properties, including hotels, apartments, medical facilities, schools, retail properties, mixed-use properties, restaurants, strip malls, industrial centers and manufacturing facilities;
- tips for inspecting large and unusual properties;
- using infrared and other specialized tools and systems; and
- how to face the new and unexpected.
Students will also receive practical tips for running their day-to-day business, including:
- setting a fee schedule;
- customizing job proposals;
- using modern report writing systems;
- narrating commercial reports;
- streamlining scheduling;
- marketing for commercial property inspections; and
- landing repeat business.
Class Date: March 24-25, 2022 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day)
Venue: InterNACHI® Headquarters (Boulder, CO 80301 United States)
CCPIA members: $850.00
Depending on local mandates, students may be required to wear a mask during the class. The class size is limited to 30 students, so reserve your spot now!
About the Instructor
This class will be led by Scott Harris, CMI®. He has 35+ years of international engineering, construction, and inspection experience. He’s a licensed home inspector, general contractor, and certified commercial property inspector. He’s also a Level III Thermography Consultant. Harris is the owner-operator of Property Exam Corp., and can give you real-life guidance for entering the commercial sector of the inspection industry. Harris is also an experienced educator and has taught training classes for FLIR to real estate professionals. He is the author of “Commercial Property Maintenance.”