Online directory listings act like a digital phonebook for your commercial property inspection business. An accurate NAP (name, address, phone number) listing is important when people are searching for your business or the services you offer. An accurate address can also ensure that you appear in local listings that typically include an interactive business locator map and visual map placement.
Some listing features, like NAP, are controllable, while other features, including user reviews and sometimes photos, are more dependent on the general public. Directory listings are a great way to bring in leads and get your company’s name out there, but in order to reap the benefits, every listing must be diligently managed and optimized.
Here are some tips for managing and optimizing your directory listings:
- Tailor your directory listings. Sometimes using the same information (i.e., contact information and website URL) on each directory listing isn’t optimal. For instance, if you offer residential services and commercial services, it may be best to link to a page on your website that exclusively covers commercial services for your listing on CCPIA’s inspector directory. Similarly, if a specific division in your company handles mold and radon testing services, it may be best to use their phone number instead of the mainline for your listing on IAC2’s consultant directory.
- Keep tabs on your directory listings. Not all directory listing platforms are created equal. Some are simple and will only include necessary contact information, while others provide a means for the general public to leave a review like Google My Business and Yelp. It’s essential to know how each directory listing platform operates, and check back for negative reviews left by disgruntled customers.
- Claim and clean-up your directory listings. Inconsistencies, inaccurate information, and unclaimed listings will negatively affect the growth of your business. Make a list of your active directory listings and make changes accordingly, such as a change in address or phone number. Learn how to claim and clean-up your directory listings.
- Hire a digital marketing professional. In a perfect world, an internet search of your business name would pull up all of your directory pages. However, depending on how long your business has existed and your general online presence, managing your listings can be a tedious and time-consuming process. Directory listing management services can efficiently and accurately secure all of your information so that you’re able to maintain control of your online presence and increase your business.
- Sign-up for niche-market directory listings. There are countless directory listing platforms available, but some will be more helpful for your business than others. Be sure to get listed on platforms that put you in front of your target market. For instance, commercial property inspectors benefit from CCPIA’s inspector directory, given the nature of the organization. Similarly, the Chamber of Commerce in your local community may prove to be a good option if you notice that many real estate agencies are members.
Directory listings are a great tool for commercial property inspectors to bring in new business and establish a strong online presence. However, directory listing should occasionally be checked for accurate information and relevant consumer feedback. Although tedious and time-consuming, you need to evaluate your current listings and develop a plan for management and optimization. Some may find hiring a digital marketing professional valuable.