This online course includes a series of videos and readings that review Section 1 through 9 of the International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties (ComSOP). This class will also review methodology for commercial inspection pricing/fees, bidding jobs, and writing proposals.
There is a quiz after each lesson and a final exam at the end of the course. Upon successful completion, students will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for the course.
The goal of this course is to teach the student standards to which a commercial property inspector performs a commercial inspection. It’s based on the ComSOP and covers business practices, the inspection procedure and the components and systems that should be inspected. This is not a technical course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Start and operate a commercial inspection company;
- Find and manage specialty consultants;
- List the systems and components required to be inspected; and
- Distinguish between what is required and what is not required to be inspected.
- Competitively bid commercial inspection projects.