About this video:
This video reviews the common defects found during an inspection of a low-slope roof at a commercial building. It examines roof penetrations, membrane seams and laps, drainage, flashing details, and other components. Some of the defects are related to poor workmanship, and other issues are related to people on the roof, while other defects become inevitable over time due to environmental and other factors.
The roof systems inspected in the training video include modified bitumen, ballasted EPDM, fully adhered EPDM, fully adhered TPO, and mechanically attached TPO. The video also reviews installation methods and materials so that inspectors know how to investigate common failures.
Additional Commercial Property Inspector Resources
- Commercial Roof Inspection Online Course
- Low-Slope Commercial Roof Inspection: Built-Up Roof Training Video
- Low-Slope Commercial Roof Inspection: Ballasted EPDM Training Video
- Low-Slope Commercial Roof Inspection: Mechanically Attached Single-Ply Membrane
- Low-Slope Roof Inspection Terms and Definitions