Chesterfield County, VA announces recruitment for the position of Director of Building Inspection.
This position reports directly to the Deputy County Administrator for Community Development. The Director of Building Inspection must be a dynamic and visionary leader who works effectively & collaboratively with Building Inspection staff as well as other county departments, governmental agencies, elected officials and citizens of the county. The selected candidate’s responsibilities include active involvement in all aspects of directing, supervising, coordinating, and
administering building inspection activities and personnel for efficient delivery of services, including:
- Directing and managing Building Inspection staff and inspection activities, including assigning, training, and evaluating all departmental staff;
- Administration and enforcement of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, Property Maintenance Code and County Ordinances;
- Developing and administering departmental administrative policies and procedures; budget, and strategic plan;
- Recommending amendments to the County Building Ordinance and interpreting the provisions of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code;
- Directing and administering stop-work orders, notices of violation, certificates of occupancy, correspondence and issuance of permits;
- Coordinating the approval of plans and specifications for new construction and modifications to existing buildings, structures, electrical, plumbing, or mechanical systems;
- Assisting citizens with questions, concerns, and problems; and
- Serving on local, regional and national committees and associations.
Click the PDF below for details:
The application deadline date is September 20, 2019, at 5 p.m.